Pimples are seriously the skin problem from hell. They look and feel disgusting once they are and they hurt when they are forming. But thats not all! After the pimple is gone you always got a gift, a gift that everyone have: an acne scars (woo hoo!cheers!). The discolored mark is blatant proof that you had a pimple and that’s what actually hurt the most.
For many sufferers, the prospect of living blemish-free can lead to a medicine cabinet full of chemicals cream and oral medications. While these treatments may offer an immediate and powerful results, but they also tend to leave a huge side effects.
There are lots of products in the market for erasing the pimple marks, but the preferred method should be to use home remedies because they come without any side effects and are extremely pocket friendly. You can see numerous products of pimple marks removal cream that are available in the market. But, they are based with harmful chemicals. Try to avoid these creams and use natural home made tips to reduce pimple marks.
Remedy No 1: BAKING SODA
Baking soda is a common house hold item that literally every houses have one. But do you know that baking soda holds exfoliative properties? It is used to remove scars and dark sports! Baking soda is composed of sodium bicarbonate crystals which gently exfoliate skin when used as a cleansing scrub. Regular usage may help to remove pimple sports and marks!
Ways to make your own baking soda paste:
- Formulate a paste of sodium bicarbonate in a mixing bowl by putting baking soda in it, add some water and stir it constantly.
- Leave it for a minute or two and apply the paste on the scars.
- Leave it for 8 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water. ( and apply a good natural moisturizer like rose hip seed, jojoba, coconut *if you want to)
- It will not only cure the marks but also add glow to your skin.
A Small Tips Here:
You can try rose water instead plain water if you want to get a glowing skin. ( using this method will help you get rid of pimple marks easily )
Remedy No 2: ALOE VERA
I believe that literally everyone knows that aloe vera is one of the way to reduce acne scars. But do you know why?
Aloe Vera is a great source of nutrients, enzymes and polysaccharides. It acts as anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent and helps to remove the toxins present in the skin and also balances the natural moisture level of the skin. Utilize enough amount of aloe vera gel to mask the pimples while also doing spot treatment.
- Better apply and utilize a fresh aloe vera leaf.
- Squeeze the fresh juice out from the aloe vera.
- Now, use this gel directly on the pimples and leave the gel on overnight to remove pimples.
- You have to keep on repeating the process on day to day basis till that period pimples get completely disappeared.
Remedy No 3: Lemon
Lemon juice is a natural alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) that can be used to fade scars, promote healing, and revitalize skin. The astringent properties of lemon work wonders for the acne prone skin. It also makes the skin pure and clean. To remove pimple marks fast use lemon juice.
- Extract a fresh lemon juice into a bowl.
- Dilute it with some water if your skin is too sensitive.
- Use a cotton ball to dab the juice over acne scars.
- Leave it to dry.
- Wash your face with cool water.
- Repeat this two times to get clearer skin on the other.
- Moisturize your face with a gentle moisturizer.
- Lemon juices removes dark spots but can also dry the skin so don’t forget to use moisturizer.
Remember that lemon juice will make skin more sensitive to UV radiation, so it’s best to avoid direct sunlight for a while after using this treatment.
Remedy No 4: HONEY
Another natural moisturizer that can help heel acne’s scars is honey. It is best to use raw honey and not the honey that we could usually found it on the shelf of most chains grocery stores. The reason why honey is recommended is because honey is a high-quality home remedy for curing acne and redness, pimple scars and dark spots. It contains antibacterial properties, which makes it a natural healer for many skin troubles.
- Put some raw honey directly on the pimple scar before going off to sleep.
- Leave it on the skin for the rest of the night.
- Rinse it in the morning by using clean water.
- Repeat the process if needed.
You can use honey to fade, bleach, lighten dark sports on skin.
Remedy No 5: OLIVE OIL
Olive oil could be said the most ski friendly oil because a whole lot of vitamins (A, D, E, C, B1 and B2), iron and antioxidants. Olive oil is not only makes food appetizing but also can lighten acne scares. Olive oil is packed with natural antioxidants, which is why it is frequently used around the world for a variety of health benefits, but in terms of clearing the skin of marks and scars, it is one of the best options for a home remedy.
- Take a little olive oil and gently massage your face with this. Focus more on the pimple scars.
- Massage for a few minutes till the time you can feel that all the oil has been absorbed by your skin.
- Now take a clean towel or cloth and drape it into warm water.
- Put the warm wet cloth on to your face to get the steam.
- Now wipe away the excess oil gently with the cloth. Don’t rub though.
- After 1-2 minutes, wash off your face with normal water.
Remedy No 6: APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Apple cider vinegar has many properties. Apple cider vinegar contains malic and lactic acids that can exfoliate, reduce red marks, and treat acne. It is a good toner that helps to clear up scars and acne marks. Vinegar is a powerful astringent that also stimulates blood flow to areas, which speeds healing and regeneration of cells.
- Mix apple cider vinegar and water
- Dip the cotton ball in it.
- Apply this to your acne scars.
- Leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
- Do this once daily
You can also try heal acne scars considerably with apple cider vinegar. As this vinegar scrapes off the dead skin cells, it may fade away the acne scars to a great extent. You can either use apple cider vinegar with water or with honey.
Remedy No 7: COCONUT OIL
Coconut oil is at the top of the list when it comes to natural moisturizers with healing properties. It has extreme skin moisturizing properties and with regular use it can clear the pimple marks by healing the skin from within.
- Scoop about a quarter of a teaspoon of organic virgin coconut oil (this is the best brand available to buy) into the palm of your hand
- Let it melt as it comes up to body temperature.
- With your fingertips, massage oil directly onto scarred skin and let it soak in.
There is no need to wash coconut oil away as the vitamins and essential fatty acids will continue to work and improve skin health as long as you wear it.
Remedy No 8: VITAMIN E
In the recent times, Vitamin E has been considerably recognized as one of the very beneficial vitamins for human skin. It can thoroughly moisturize your skin and in this process, it makes the scars or spots on your skin less noticeable. This is all because it hydrates your skin well with its moisturizing properties.
- Give steam to your face so that the pores open up.
- Take few drops of vitamin E oil. If you have bought vitamin E capsule, puncture it and extract the oil out of it.
- Apply this oil to your skin having acne scars.
- Now massage the area with this oil in gentle circular strokes for about 10 minutes or till the oil is absorbed into the skin.
- Leave for about 15-20 minutes and wash it off.
- Recommended to do this daily.
All the above remedies for acne scars are good but there are some that will be more suitable for your skin type. Find out them by experimenting with each and every remedy for scars. Have patience and treat your scars with these remedies and you will definitely get rid of your acne scars. Patience will be the main ingredient though, whatever remedy you adopt for your acne scars!