This problem involves hormone imbalance. Women who have this syndrome may begin to grow facial hair, gain weight, experience menstrual irregularities, and have ovulation problems. Higher than normal levels of the hormones DHEA and testosterone are found in some women with this condition. Herbalists theorize that saw palmetto may be helpful since it blocks the effects of these hormones. I doubt it would be effective by itself, but it’s really worth trying in herbal hormone-balancing formulas.
More Saw Palmetto articles
- Saw Palmetto Uses & Side Effects
- Can Saw Palmetto Stop Baldness ?
- Saw Palmetto for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- What is Saw Palmetto
- Saw Palmetto for Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy, BPH
- Saw Palmetto Acne Treatment
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Saw Palmetto and Bladder Infection
- Saw Palmetto Help Prostate Cancer